||The Scanning Imaging Absorption Spectrometer for Atmospheric Chartography (SCIAMACHY) is one of the instruments aboard the Environmental Satellite ENVISAT (more info here). The measurements obtained from SCIAMACHY yield information about both tropospheric and stratospheric constituents. They enable a wide range of phenomena, both natural and anthropogenic in origin, which influence atmospheric chemistry and, consequently, the climate to be investigated:
* in the troposhere: biomass burning, biogenic emissions, pollution episodes over populated regions, lightning production of oxides of nitrogen, Arctic haze, forest fires, dust storms, industrial plumes;
* in the stratosphere: ozone chemistry including a special emphasis on the 'ozone hole', volcanic events, and solar protons events.
More information on specific SCIAMACHY applications can be found here.
From this collection you may order products of the following types:
- Localised Atmospheric Spectra (SCI_NL__1P)
- Vertical Column Amounts of various trace gases (SCI_NL__2P)
- Selected Vertical Column Amounts (SCI_RV__2P)
- Geolocated vertical column amounts from off-line processing, cloud-top pressure, cloud fractional cover and aerosols parameters (SCI_OL__2P)